Thursday, January 3, 2013

sláinte!

Tomorrow, barring that we are not snowed in(!), we make our exit from this place. I have a hard time with "when things are over"...I only like goodbyes because they are often collated with great hugs, multiple rounds of them if you work it right.

I know two things: that it is time for what is next, and that we will come back.  

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the time we've spent here: for the opportunity itself, for the dude who traveled thousands of miles back and forth, for the friends and community here and the breaking of bread, for the kid who really took it on and flourished with his new freedoms and responsibilities. For this frontier land that is still so vast and raw. For my parents, who planted the seed by experience what it is to go and see what is out there. 

And to catch us up a bit:

We had a visitor! 




We spent a day at Balmorhea, where one of us was nuts enough to get in:



We gathered together.





And we raised a glass.



And danced in the streets.



And stood at the point of the circle where end meets begin, and said HELL YES.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, beautiful words. Where are (were) you? How did Max get so tall and handsome? Well, he was always handsome. Miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! We are in west TX. And I know! He's almost as tall as me! I always have to double-take with your boys, thinking Henry is Tru!

      Delete
  2. Ah, wish I could have made a visit. At least my towel got to experience Balmorhea! :) I know you have had a wonderful time, but so Glad to have ya'll heading back east though!! You Were Missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot we swiped that towel from you...J has quite claimed it. Miss you too...see you soon!

      Delete